Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Single.Alone.Content

I, Brandon Dues, am now single.
It's a very weird feeling.
I haven't been single since high school.
For all of my adult life I've only been with one person.
I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.
I took the break-up pretty hard.
Boy, was I a mess.
I didn't sleep or eat.
I spent most of the time blaming myself for something that wasn't even my fault.
It wasn't anyone's fault, really.
People drift.
Feelings change.
That's life.
It took a few days but I eventually felt better.
It took some time but when it did happen it was almost instantaneous.
Ironically, it was a lonely night at Barnes and Noble that did it. (As well as a long talk with my sister)
I spent the entire evening alone reading and actually enjoyed myself.
Afterwards, I went home and watched a movie.
It wasn't very eventful but I enjoyed myself.
For the first time since the break-up, I felt like things were going to be ok.
I felt that I could be happy again.
I let go.
The instant I let go, a world of possibilities became apparent.
Then, I felt relief.
Nothing was tying me down.
I was free.
And as much as I hate to admit it, she was right.
This wasn't all bad.
I wasn't always going to feel this way.
We are on different paths.
We're going to be ok.
I'm going to be ok.
I still miss her every now and then.
I still miss being her everything.
I still get angry and bitter about things.
But. . .
It doesn't last long.
I'm not one to hold grudges.
And. . .
When we were together, it was great.
We're still friends.
We still hang out.
It's just different.
Really different.
It's ok though
I've accepted it.
I'm cool with it.
Single and Alone
but
Content

No comments: