Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Sailor

Sailor

by

Brandon Dues

Night

Lonely like a lost child

I sit here and wonder if I’m any different

No direction

No purpose

Consume and be happy

Stay on path

Achieve the goal

I stumble to my room.

Collapse dressed in rags

I think about what was said

Who’s responsible for these antics?

Where did these inappropriate thoughts originate?

No purpose

No direction

Impulse

Inebriation

All just excuses

I doze off

Come to shortly after

The mirror

A phantom stares back at me

Red eyes

Slight smirk

Completely full of himself

A shadow of his former self

All in fun

But where does that lead?
How far will it go?

No future

No direction

No purpose

Where does it end?

Sleep all day

Play all night

“The wicked shall be punished”

But isn’t that all relative

Sex

More Sex

More sex with different people

Death

Past transgressions

Risk

Reward

The dark side

The illusion of confidence

The fallacy of arrogance

“Creativity is currency”

These are the thoughts that I think

This is the life I lead

And

This is how the world ends

No comments: