Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

It's Over now

This is it.
The straw that broke the camel's back.
I'm walking away from you.
I can't promise I won't look back but I'm walking away.
I'm done and I'm tired.
I thought we could be friends
I thought we could be civil
I fought for us
It took awhile
But
I realized
The person I was fighting for no longer exists.
The person I fell in love with died a long time ago.
I don't know who you are anymore.
and
I don't want to know what you've become.
I could sit here and try to figure out when it went wrong.
When you changed.
When I changed.
But
It doesn't matter
All that matters is that it's over
We can't be together
We can't be friends
We can't be around each other
It will always be like this and it will never get better
I still care about you and part of me may still even be in love with you
And
As much as you deny it
I know you feel the same
But
We shouldn't kid ourselves
You were right
It's a shame it has to be this way
You finally got your wish
A year ago, I wanted to marry you
A month ago, I just wanted to be around you
Today, I can't even look at you
I wish it ended on better terms
Goodbye
I hope you find what you're looking for
and
I hope you find yourself
- Today + Tomorrow = Never

No comments: