Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

I'm Still Here

I'm Still Here
by
Brandon Dues


Darling, I can hear you breathing
Hard
Tearing at the wall until the lights come
On
Everything you ever cherished
Gone

I just don’t know what to say. . .

Your apartment is so bare and
Clear
Distant memories always stay so
Near
It took every strength to fight those
Tears
As you paid out all our credit
Arrears

I still don’t know what to say. . .

Startled at the ever slightest
Sound
It rings like a very thunderous
Pound
Everything has mad e you tightly
Wound

You just can’t get past that day. . .

I remember when the dead bolt
Popped
Strangers entered with guns drawn
“Stop!”
The tears flowing from your eyelids
Dropped

To the floor that fateful day. . .

You caught my body when it fell right
Down
The shock and horror as the blood turned
Brown
Weeping as you held my lifeless
Crown

As I left the world that day. . .

I wish you could feel my tight
Embrace
You shiver as try to touch your
Face
A ghost. I will never leave this
Place

I just wish you could hear the words I say. . .

No comments: