Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Thoughts inspired by the night sky, (Thoughts and explanation)

The night is beautiful and serene

I gaze at the lake and feel it talk back to me

“stay here for awhile and everything will make sense”

I feel like nature is pandering to my every expense

Sitting back nothing matters except the stars and the water

I can hear the ducks telling me that I am more than a martyr

Ignoring these imaginary senses is difficult

I lay my head back down and stare at the moon like a simpleton

It’s amazing how wonder slips into my mood

Wondering if these traits will pass onto my brood and children

Intoxication takes over and I slur my gaze

Stars move up, down, and sideways in a maze but not intelligible

I walk back to the apartment that I’ve made a home

Relieve the liquid beast that seems to always ruin the mood

I can hardly see and make ocean with my urine

I’ll clean it up when I’m less mental

Strip my clothes and collapse in bed of cotton

Naked I venture outside for a second opinion

What I woundn't do for a woman that could act sentimental

My eyes feel like grease has been applied upon them

Sleep feels imminent but I’m trying to stop it

I’m fighting a losing battle

My mind is getting weak

Sleep seems like a good idea and I love the streak

Alcohol and a creative mind are a bad mix

I could go all night on this subject if I had patience

Slipping into an extended rest is a bit ridiculous

Especially when you feel like every one besides you in under arrest

Drunk thoughts speak a sober mind but we know this

I just want to feel like I’ve lived harder than a huntress

Politics doesn't matter

Nor does entertainment

My mind dances on the outskirts

Unlike several painters

I’m growing weak and can’t think

Moving pictures

Eyes half shut

Engulfed by white walls

I’m giving up

Paint a picture in my head

Letting go

Embrace the charade with open arms

I’m in a dream state

Good night to reality

I’m ready for another level

Hallucinate to a dream

Ponder about it in the early morning,

Sex, Success, and people I’ve never seen

I’m mesmerized by the thought of an attractive woman laying next to me.

Waking up, life is different but expected

I venture to the bathroom to which is unexpected

The bad stuff projects out

It was grossly neglected

Starting the day off like nothing ever happened

Memories from a night barely remembered

“I grabbed your ass and hit on your “sister:”?

It seemed so right but I knew it was wrong.

Kiss me like they do in movies but not as long

I’ll deny any wrongdoing as my slumber exits

Through the gift shop

“You’ll like the service”


I wrote this after running up an $81 tab at some dive bar and hanging out with some friends on spring break. Most people would just go home and pass out but I tend to have a ton of thoughts pent up in my mind. The above text is pretty much a stream of consciousness. It is completely unfiltered and I have done minimal editing. What you see is the effect of alcohol, portishead, and a very strange mind.

1 comment:

Seul Desir said...

I'd actually like the post more if you didn't explain it. Nothing really needs to be said.